Sunday, July 1, 2012

Week in Review 6/25 - 7/1

Focus...focus...focus...repeat.

Monday: Unintentional day off.  I was supposed to do a one hour swim workout, but I had my in-laws over for dinner.  We were supposed to eat at 5:30 so I could sneak off at 7 to go the pool.  Well, it turned out to be 6:30 and I couldn't, in good conscience, skate out on everyone.  That conscience....

Tuesday:
Brick: Bike= 22 miles @ 18mph average; Run= 3.5 miles @ 7:42/mile average.  Felt great, just started a little late in the morning.  It was getting hot!

Wednesday:
Bike= 21 miles @ 18mph average.  I would love to average 20 miles an hour if the wind would ever cooperate!

Swim= 1800m (Including warm-up)
In the spirit of the Olympic Trials the coach had us do some distance:
2 x 50m, 100m, 200m, 400m, 800m.  He had showed up a little late, so by the time we were done with the 800m we only had enough time to do a cool-down.  It was during the said 800m, that I began to really wonder what in the world I am thinking...that is about 1/5 of the way as the Ironman. 

Most of the way I was thinking: "Why do I think this is fun again?"  "What am I doing?"  "Who do I think I am, a swimmer?!"  "I am just a runner who does swimming and cycling...why don't I just stick with running?"  "How did I think I was getting better at this?"  "Good grief. I think I need an open swim."  "I hope these pathetic questions are normal and they'll go away."  "Whatever I do, I cannot include negative thoughts in my blog.  Someone might think this whole thing was a mistake."  Then I was on my last 100m of it and the sunshine and rainbows came back out and all I could think was "I am totally going to do this.  Just watch me." And I did.  And I will again and again until I get those pesky pessamistic thoughts out of my head!

Thursday:
Run- Track workout with Matt H. and Pat; 10 x 400m.  It was great!  We aimed for 95 second quarters, but ended up doing them in 91.  It just felt better that way. 

Friday:  Designated day off!

Saturday:
Brick: Bike= 51 miles @ 16.5mph average; Run= 5 miles @ 8:23/mile average.  Pat and I rode to Prather and back to get some hills in on my behalf.  The run reminded me to be generous to myself and give my legs a mile before I start questioning what is wrong.  Nothing is wrong...I am just asking an obscene amount of mileage out of them, and they're not used to it...YET.  You'll get there, legs, you'll get there.  And I'll be asking twice as much of you.

Sunday:
Normally I do my long runs in the morning, but I will do it tomorrow morning with Pat instead.  He needs some pushing on the long runs, and I am more than happy to comply.
Bike= 15 miles @ 18.3 mph average.  Just a lovely little Sunday-something!

I ordered and received the parking pass to go swim at Millerton with Pat and the Matts...hopefully next week!

Weekly Totals:
Swim: 1800m (so sad)
Bike: 99 miles (doah!  If I had known that today, I would have gone one more mile to round it to 100!)
Run: 14.5 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment