Friday, July 13, 2012

Any Given Laundry Day

Long, long ago, in a land far, far away, I was in high school.  I was given a locker to store my running clothes as part of being on the cross country and track teams.  There were a few options for changing shirts, shorts, sports bras, and socks.  One pair of trusty running shoes, a hairbrush and an extra rubber band for my hair.  Did I have deodorant?  I don't remember.  We girls could not comprehend how boys could shower in their locker room after every practice.  Girls are scared of other girls.  So there was no shower-taking in the girl's locker room.  (Scared as in intimidated to be naked in front of each other, not fearful of our safety)  Ok.  Have I made you all uncomfortable now?  So sorry.  I just had to properly set the stage.

I can clearly remember not bringing my clothes home very often to clean them.  I can also very clearly remember putting on dry, crusty socks.  Whoa!  That's gross, I know!  How did I do that?  These days I don't reuse any item of clothing.  After it's used, it goes straight to the hamper.  I try not to stink, whether or not I'm meeting anyone for a workout.  I try to do my part to make the world a better smelling place, honest! 

Which brings me to the picture I am sharing with you.  It is a typical laundry day.  More often than not, there are a couple of loads worth of my smelling training clothes.  Being the cheap-skate I am, I hang them to dry.  I have to take care of the clothes so I don't have to replace them, and I'm saving energy by not using the dryer.  So, there!

This is just half of what was in the laundry this morning (training clothes, that is).

2 comments:

  1. Nice! There is nothing cheap about hanging clothes out to dry. They last longer & smell better or something. That's what IBirds do:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, yes we do!!! And we smell great, right?!

    ReplyDelete