Sunday, July 15, 2012

Week in Review 7/9 - 7/15

Counting down to Barb's...the half ironman/long course triathlon on July 28th.  I'm excited, I'm nervous, I'm feeling ready!  Except for this week.  No bueno.

Monday-  Swim: Started doing a 100, 200, 300, 400 and back down ladder, but Rich stopped me halfway during my second 300.  He told me to get out and follow him.  Dang, I felt like I was being sent to the Principal's office!  He walked me to a lane that had mirrors placed on the bottom.  I was supposed to swim and watch myself and see how I am still bringing my hands too far in on entry.  It was really enjoyable, really; the mirrors were like the kind at the circus where they make you look tall and thin.  I wanted someone to take a picture so I could show everyone, I looked great!  hahaha
Total: About 2200m; I lost track once I moved to the other lane, but I think that's close!

Tuesday- Easy run: Really, really, easy, but it didn't feel easy.  I knew I was going slow, but I was so tired, probably from the long weekend with early mornings (and no naps either day!  What?!).  I averaged 8:48 mile pace for the 5 miles.  Really, really easy run!

Wednesday- Nada.  Just couldn't fit it in with the other duties.  Need I mention I was really cranky by nightfall?  Yep.  Poor Kenny.

Thursday-
Run:  Track workout of 3x: 1200m, 200m RI, 600m, 400m RI.  We started later than usual, and it was a scorcher kind of day!  But we did it, and flew, too!  Maybe it was from all the "rest" from the previous day (wink, wink).
Swim:  Open water swim with a few friends (Matt B., Jennifer and Stormy) at the lake.  We did three loops where we decided was the safest place to stay away from boats.  The only problem was feeling like a total slow-poke the entire time.  It was too hot to wear a wet suit.  By the third loop I was finally feeling strong and steady with strokes and breathing.  I decided that is a good thing for the race I have in two weeks, where the swim will be 1.2 miles!

Friday- Ride to make up for Wednesday.  Went 25 miles with all WOMEN...yes, you read that right!  I very rarely get to train with any chicas, but this day I was with three other fabulous females: Jennifer, Stormy and Tammy.  Stormy is my new swim group friend!  It was a fun ride!
Saturday- 50 mile ride.  It was supposed to be 58 miles that started/ended from my house, with some rollers.  But a family emergency cut the ride short and our riding group rushed back to my house.  The good news is my husband was bringing the kids to SAG (Support And Gear...basically provide an aid station for us in the middle of nowhere).  The bad news is our dog died in the process.  Kind of a long story.  I pulled up with the friends I was riding with (Pat, Jennifer and Tammy), to a yard of crying kids and husband.  It was a very sad day.

Sunday- 11.5 mile run; felt very tired and slow.  Not a good weekend, nor a good way to end a low week.  But I guess I can chalk it up as a kind of taper, right?  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment