Monday, July 9, 2012

Week in Review 7/2 - 7/8

I have my sights set on the Barb's Race, July 28th!  I am tweeking some of our manual's workouts to be sure to be ready for it.  It has some hills and heat; and the swim is making me nervous.

Monday:
Run: 10 miles with Pat @ 8:04 average mile pace.  Nice and flat, but got a little warm by the end...even at 8am!
Swim:  The fun continues!  Tonight Rich had us do 4 x 100m and remember what our time was from start to finish for the total 400m.  Then we did a 400m straight through and we were supposed to do it faster.  Then do the same with 3 x 100m/300m; 2 x 100m/200m.
4 x 100m = 8:00 (I tried to keep my rests in between the 100's at 10-12 seconds)
400m = 7:08
3 x 100 = 5:45
300m= 5:20
2 x 100 = 3:45
200m = 3:30
With warm-up and cool-down, total= 2100m.

Tuesday: This was a tricky day.  I could not get both a ride and a run in due to...drum roll please... being a mom.  I took the kids to the water park, had to get gas for the van and some groceries.  Ken took our youngest daughter to the movies, so I took the remaining two boys to the track with me to get my run in.  My oldest two kids that I use for babysitting their siblings while I do the short rides/runs during the week are at my parents' house for the week.  Which totally messes with my training schedule.  But I'm trying to make the best of it!  At least I got my run in!
1.25 mile warm-up; 1.5 mile @ 6:50/mile pace; 3/4 mile rest; 1.5 mile @ 7:20/mile pace; 1.25 mile cool-down.  Total= 6.25

Wednesday:  Fun Friend Ride!  Rode to Sheri's with Ron, his friends Denny and Brian, my friend Jennifer and her friend Tammy.  It was a great hop up the hill!
Total: 26 miles
*No swim today.  There is no practice due to being a national holiday. :( 

Thursday:
Run: Track workout! 3 x 2000m with 400 RI.  We totally rocked those laps!  The first one was the usual cobweb-dusting of the legs, but the next two were nice and comfortably faster.  A great confidence booster!
Bike: Rode on the trainer for about 45 minutes; just an easy spin for the legs.

Friday:
Designated rest day.  By nightfall on Fridays I always feel like I'm getting sick.  It's just the withdrawal of endorphins, I believe!

Saturday:
A fabulous swim-bike brick with a few friends!  Ray, a former FPU cross country/track teammate (AKA Bird brother!), Jennifer, Pat and I headed to Millerton for some open water training.  We went out and back to a buoy two times.  After the first time I had to take off my wetsuit; I was getting too hot in the super suit!  I need more time in the lake to feel more comfortable, as the others felt for themselves, too. 
The bike course we went on gave us some challenging hills.  It was a total of 53 miles, and 3700+ feet elevation gain.  We tackled Sky Harbor, then made our way back to the back side of Millerton.  It took a lot longer (because of stops) then we wanted.  We could totally use a sag wagon.  It would be cheaper and more time efficient to have someone be around with an ice chest of cold water and Gatorade!  Anyone? Anyone?

Sunday:
I am beginning to associate weekend trainings with masochism- self-inflicted pain that ends up feeling so great that I can't believe I've lived this long with out it.  Weird?  Probably.  That's part of the fun, though!
Run: 9.46 miles @ 8:23 average pace.  It took me a few miles to work out the kinks from yesterday's ride, but by the end I was getting low eight-minute miles.
Bike:  Easy spin for the legs, 12 miles.

Weekly Totals:
Swim: About 3400m
Bike: 91 miles + 45 min. on trainer (maybe 103 miles?)
Run: 32 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment