Friday, March 30, 2012

Week in Review 3/25 - 3/30

This week will be full of pictures - Pictures of people and places that are a part of my journey.  I will also only be going to Friday on this week's review- I will be going to visit my parents with the kids, so wasn't sure if I could post about Saturday morning.

Sunday- Complete and total rest day!  I earned it!

Monday-
Run: Killer track workout in the very early morning with Pat-
Warm-up - 1.25 miles
3 x (2 x 1200m) 2 minutes rest; 4 between each set; Managed to do all of them under 5 minutes (average 6:28 mile pace), with the last one at a blazing 4:45 (6:08 mile pace)!
Cool Down - 1.25 miles  Total: 7 miles

Swim:
I got there a few minutes late, the coach wasn't there, and I was really tired.  So I couldn't think of a good workout to do, and I thought if I only do at 1600m (one mile), then at least that would be something.  So I did about 250m warm-up, then 10 x 100m.  At first I was trying to do them every two minutes (swimming takes about 1:40, then I get 20 seconds rest in between, starting at the end of the two minutes); I could not get my breathing rhythm right, so I gave myself more rest.  I know, I know...such a cheater!  After those were done I just swam until I got to 1600m.  There were about 10 minutes left in the hour session and I asked one of the young women there taking over for the coach if they needed help pulling the covers over the lanes.  So I stayed.  Blah.  But I got a couple more hundreds in and chatted with my friend Jennifer about Millerton.  Total: about 1800m

Tuesday:
Ride: 32 miles on the beautiful road I did last Tuesday.  Here are a few snapshots of the view (although they really don't do justice to the real thing!):






Beware: Goofball on the road!  This is my half way point!
The weird thing is that I actually went faster today than I did last week; only by a minute, but I was feeling tired today, and also taking pictures while I went!  My average on the way back was over 20 mph this week! Yay!

Tuesday evenings I coach track workouts for the Team in Training Triathlon team.  Here are a few of them, after they rocked around the track:

Me, Matt H., Matt B., Michelle and Ron
Wednesday-
Run- A short, quick tempo run with my friend Jodi.  It's been fun to get to incorporate girl-time with working out!  The first couple months of the year were a little lonely; the kind of lonely where you're surrounded by people, but not deep relationships.  This week reminded me I could have the best of both worlds!
Total: 4 miles: 1 warm-up, 2 @ 7:10, 7:03, 1 cool-down.


Jodi & me after a super run!
 Swim:  I skipped it.  I was tired and Ken was happy to have me home!

Thursday-
Rode to my friend Sarah's house for accountability and then back to pick up the kids from school.  Barely made it in time!
Total: 20.5 miles
Sarah and me before I headed back.  We were roommates for two years in college, and a very special friend!
Bonus training: I had a "play date" with another friend (I know, how many friends do I have? haha...I'm so blessed to have such terrific ladies in my life!) who also was a roommate in college.  We went to Skywalk, a super trampoline arena!  We were all hot and sweaty at the end of the hour, and I was a little sore the next day!

Gia and I at Skywalk!  Sorry it's blurry- my 6 year old was acting as the photographer.  You couldn't tell from this picture, but Gia is such a beautiful woman, inside & out!  She is also Pat's wife!

Two of my kids, Gia and one of hers...we had all the trampolines to ourselves!  Woo hoo!
Friday-
Run: 10 miles Nope. Ended up being 7 miles.  At around mile 6 I felt like I was going to pass out; so I decided to head home, very frustrated and quite humbled.  Averaged 7:45 pace.

Tomorrow I will be doing a brick with the TNT Tri group.  Should be a lot of fun...and is expected to rain again!

No comments:

Post a Comment