Saturday, March 17, 2012

Week in Review 3/11 - 3/17

Sunday- Complete day off.  I'm practicing Genesis 2:2. [wink, wink]

Monday-
  • Run: Track workout: Warm-up a mile, then 2x (6 x 400m) w/ 1:30 RI (That would be a total of 12 laps around the track = 3 miles).  We aimed to do each one in 1:30, but we were always a couple of seconds faster!  I looooove 400 repeats!  It's just one time around! Mile cool-down.
  • Swim: 2200m total: 150m warm up; 8x75m fast; 5x (4x 50m in one minute-swim and rest included) about a minute recovery between each set of 4; 450m of just swimming.  The coach originally told me to do 2 sets of the 4x50m, but then he never came back around to check on me, so I did 5.  Then I wanted to get some distance in, so I tried to concentrate on twisting my hips on my rotation.  Otherwise, the good news is that I got a "Hmmm...good" from the coach! 
Tuesday-
  • Ride: Rode out Ashlan/Watts Valley Road for about 13 miles (26.5 miles round-trip).  I had a head-wind going out, so I only averaged a 16ish mph speed.  I only had 2 hours, and wanted to make sure I had time in case I had a flat, so I only went out 45 minutes, then turned around.  It was such a beautiful ride!  God did an amazing job when creating the foothills.  This time of year the hills are green.  I can't wait till wildflower season!  Once I turned around I could feel the wind helping to push me, and I averaged a 20mph pace on the way home.  A great ride with no flats, a great song stuck in my head ("After All (Holy)" by David Crowder Band) and beautiful scenery surrounding me.  A glorious morning, thank you, Lord!
  • TNT: A little training jog in the evening with my one and only participant that shows up!  We did some pick-ups in the park; about 2 1/2 miles total.
Wednesday-
  • Run: Tempo Run: 1 mile warm-up; 2 miles @ 7:15 pace; 1 mile recovery; 2 miles @ 7:15 pace; 1 mile cool-down.  I was excited to hit each pace; the last time I tried to do this run I didn't have the time to do it right, and wasn't able to get fast enough. 
  • Swim: 1900 total.  I was tired.  As in, I want to go to bed and wake up naturally, tired.  It took the coach about 25 minutes to even come my way to give me a workout, so then I was tired and annoyed.  I don't like getting ignored, or looked passed.  He eventually made his way over, full of apologies.  I was doing 100m repeats, then he gave me 8 x 75m (25m kick, 50m free), then 7 x 50m (25 kick, 25 free).  When he wasn't coming back around, and I still had 15 minutes left, I just did 100m repeats again.  Next week I am going to come prepared with my own workouts, and one of the nights I would like to see how I do with a straight 1600m (one mile).  Then I can check my progress in another month or so every month.  I'd like to work up to doing 3200m in the hour allotted.
Thursday- Complete day off. :(  I was tiiiiiiired.

Friday-  8 mile run, 7:48 average pace.  Felt good, and was nice to have a break from the longer runs; especially since I was by myself!  I know, I sound so spoiled.  But I think I am!  I used to always have to run by myself.  Now that I have the other Ironbird to train with, I have been spoiled!

Saturday-  Lovely 20 mile ride with Team in Training up the back side of Millerton (ok, that doesn't sound right; but that is how we all refer to it!).  It's full of hills, more going up on the way out.  It started raining on us half way through...all I could think of was, "The faster we go, the sooner we'll be done!"  I experienced a rejuvenating facial via the stinging rain pelting my face going downhill at 30 mph.  It was really, truly fun!
The Tri Team Rocks...and rolls, even in the rain!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so impressed that you rode in the rain. I saw it as a great excuse to have a recovery weekend : )

    ReplyDelete