Saturday, February 18, 2012

Week in Review 2/12 - 2/18

Sunday:  Day off

Monday:
  • Track workout with Pat (and some rain, which wasn't too bad); 5x1000m @ 6:10 mile pace.  We made all but one, and our last one was a few seconds faster than the others!  We did good!
  • Swimming- I just did a LOT of 100 meters...again.  I tried to mix it up a little with kicking and using my paddles, but primarily just kept tasting the sourdough bread I ate before practice.  Yeah, gross.  And a little painful.  The coach rescued me, when I thought I had time to fit a few more 100s in, I was asked to help pull the tarp over the pool.  Sweet!  Must mean it's time to go home!
Tuesday: Core workout from P90X- but the whole thing; I ran out of time and had to get the kids up and ready for school.  That evening Ken brought home a couple bike tubes, made my heart go pitter-patter on Valentine's day! haha  Rides are in the future!

Wednesday:
  • Interval run- 1 mile warm-up, 5 miles @ 7:20 pace, 1 mile cool-down.
  • Swimming- The coach's wife was there and was trying to help "tweek" my form by having me do several different drills.  By the end I was so frustrated and on the verge of crying from being so irritated.  She was very nice, and I am grateful for her time and attention, but I don't think I needed all of that for what I am doing.  I felt like I wasted a lot of time and didn't get anything out of it.  Next time I'll just have to say "Thanks, but no thanks."
Thursday: I got to ride my bike again!  It was in my living room, but oh, so nice!  I also got caught up on stuff I recorded on our DVR.  Woo hoo!

Friday:  Distance run- 9 miles at 7:48 average mile pace.  Super excited about doing the same average as last week after doing a couple more extra things this week than last.  I was very glad to be done at 9, though!

Saturday:  "Active Rest Day"- Rode 20 miles with TNT.  It's always fun to get to be involved with "hooking" others on triathlon!  I am also enjoying the realm of coaching; something I never really thought I was adequate enough to do. 
In my living room, riding "nowhere"...but loving it!

No comments:

Post a Comment