Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Getting Ready

The days leading up to leaving for Tempe were the whirlwind I thought they would be.  Double-checking my packing lists, making shopping lists, laundry, planning, planning, planning.  I missed swimming the Monday before; a friend I hadn't seen in a long time wanted to go out for her birthday.  The next night the same friend gave me a fabulous massage and worked out some kinks in my back.  Wednesday I went to swim group so I could see some of my swim buddies and to hang out with Jennifer afterwards.
My buddy Glenn- He has done a few Ironmen triathlons and had a lot of advice and encouragement along the way!

Hanging out with Jennifer- AND getting a manicure and pedicure too! 

Jennifer's masterpiece on my big toes
 
 
Packing
My dad generously offered to stay behind with the three younger kids and take them to his house after their last soccer games that Saturday.  This meant that as the mother, I had to pack up for them and make it as easy as possible for my dad! 
I packed all of my stuff that I would need for each bag (bike gear, run gear, bike special needs, run special needs) as well as not forgetting my swim stuff and all the extras I had so carefully remembered to add to my packing and shopping lists.  I am a notorious over-packer, which is fine by me.  I'd rather pack something and not need it, than be stuck without it.

My bags (No, the Spongebob did not come along)
 
 
The truck loaded down and ready to leave on our adventure! 
Tempe, here we come!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment