Monday, December 12, 2011

Week of 12/4-12/11

Off-Season Training for 12/4-12/10:
Sunday- 80 minutes riding (On trainer; finished watching "Miracle" while riding.  It's very helpful to have something to watch or listen to while riding on the trainer!  This was a great movie to sweat to, too!)

Monday- 6 mile run in the morning; Joined a swim club with a Triathlon practice time in the evening.  They let you either do your own training or use the workout they provide.  Since it was my first time back in the water in over a year I just did my own thing (the waterpark over the summer doesn't count).  If one could swim through Jell-o, then that it what it felt like.  I had forgotten what muscles are used exactly, and they were wondering what was going on!  I only lasted about 45 minutes.  But I have plenty of time to get better.

Tuesday- 60 minutes riding on the trainer. 

Wednesday- 6 mile run in the morning; Went to swim that night but the coach didn't show up.  I got to meet some women triathletes and visit with one of my TNT tri friends.  You get a group of triathletes together and there really isn't a lack of conversation!

Thursday- Day off

Friday- 3 mile light run.  I've been meeting a friend once a week who is trying to get back into shape.  It's fun to have company!

Saturday- 38 mile ride with Pat; Rode to his house, then up to the Millerton store and back.  A ride that was suppossed to be 2 hours turned into 4 (see picture).  Poor Pat, he had some flat issues.  Two tubes, two patches, four CO2 cartridges later...we made it. 



47 weeks, 6 days to IMAZ

No comments:

Post a Comment