Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Week in Review 12/11 - 12/17

Off Season Training Continues! 

Sunday: Off

Monday: 7 mile run; felt fabulous!  Swimming, 60 minutes; felt better than the week before, but still awkward.

Tuesday: 60 minute ride on trainer

Wednesday: 9 miles total (ran with friend for about 4 miles, then by myself later for the rest.); Swimming, 60 minutes.  The coach was helping me with my stroke.  It really helped, and I could feel better propulsion through the water.  He said next we'll have to work on my shoulder rotation. 

Thursday: Off

Friday:  60 minutes on trainer

Saturday: 6 mile run; Got a few miles in at Woodward!  I haven't ran there in over a year.  They are doing a lot of work at the park, so there are new trails to explore! 

Even with two days off, I was able to get about 7 hours in this week.  I have to keep reminding myself that I need to both continue to build gradually and listen to my body.  Around September-October the weekly totals will be close to 20 hours a week of training.  IMAZ is less than 11 months away now!

1 comment:

  1. 22 miles average a week!!! I wish I was there :) I'm gearing up for a relay we do in Winnipeg in February. It's called the Great Grain Relay. If you're interested, you can check it out here: http://www.greatgrainrelay.ca/. Our team's name has always been a chemical compound (first letters of our last names). I know, nerdy, right??? Did I mention I'm still single? :P LOL. We've always placed in the top 3. Last time we ran was in 2009, when I was in Winnipeg, under the friends & neighbors 'male' category. Our team name then was Ch + Ag2, and we ran 169.25 laps in 2 hours, avg pace = 5.67 min/mi. You run 4 laps at a time.. most laps wins! It's a blast, and then you crash :D

    Keep up the good work Kerry Sue! Hope the training this week goes well. Think of you guys often. I still have a few boxes to unpack (mostly books), but yesterday I put up the massive sat sports card in my living room. What a lovely reminder. Hope it went well this past Saturday.

    --Matt

    ReplyDelete