Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Week in Review 4/15 - 4/21

Usually I try to write what I've been doing during the week, but I did not do that!  So, now I'm going to have to try to remember...which is not a very reliable source for short-term memory! ;)

Sunday- Day off.  I really wanted to ride since I didn't the day before (see that post for more information).  But I could tell my family was missing me so I stayed home.  Plus I had a couple friend's come over that evening, and so I got some girl-time in, too!

Monday-
Run:  10 x 400m with 1:30 RI; We did great!  We are totally fans of going one time around the track. 
Swim:  I don't remember.  I think it was 12 x 75m and then some 150m's, but there has been too much since then to remember.  Maybe in 10 years it'll come back to me.  haha

Tuesday-  Went for a ride, but only about 22 miles.  I did manage to hit and kill a squirrel, though!  Talk about crazy!  That little bugger just ran right in front of me and snap, crackle, pop!  Yuck.  I didn't realize until later that it could have been a lot worse and got caught in my gears or something.  It was a quick, clean kill.  First time that has EVER happened!

Wednesday- Run:  Got up nice and  early and got a steady 5 miles in.

Thursday- Only did the evening swim this time; doing a little taper for the race on Saturday!  The tnt group went to Millerton tonight and we swam to a couple of buoy's and back.  It went MUCH better, so I have more confidence for the swim this Saturday!  No panicking, no feeling like I was getting choked around the throat.  Yay!

Friday (My birthday...37!)-  Easy 4 mile run with my friend, Jodi.  For my birthday Kenny got me a new Garmin Forerunner 310 XT watch!  Super nice, so had to give it a try!

Saturday- Millerton Sprint Triathlon (400m swim, 10.5 mile ride, 2.25 mile run)
Super fun race!  The swim was quick, steady and nice.  I was ready for it to be over on the home stretch to the shore, though.  The ride was ok, but I felt slow.  It is a very hilly course, which means a lot of technical skill with shifting gears and such.  I had to snap out of the zone I drifted in when I knew I was in the last mile.  Woops!  Pedal, pedal, pedal, you're almost done!  Transition was quick to the run and I tried to start easy.  The first half of the run was on a treacherous path- it was very rocky and uneven, slowing me down to make sure I didn't twist an ankle or something.  Fortunately the last half, just over a mile, was on the road and was able to catch a few more people.

I finished in 1:10:35, which is a Sprint PR (Personal Record) for me!  I placed 18th overall, 6th female, second in my age group (the overall female winner was in my age group: she finished in a time of 1:04!).  I was very happy with the experience. Step one of the journey is complete!
After the race with the Matts.  We were waiting to get our medals!

My spot in transition, all set up!

No comments:

Post a Comment