Friday, August 24, 2012

A Quick Recap of August

It's been a month?  Woops.

To fill you in on all the "exciting" happenings of the last month, here is a quick recap:
  • Barb's was FANTASTIC- A total confidence booster and fun experience.  I'll keep working on the details.
  • I cut off my hair- Not too short, still long enough for a ponytail, but so much better and lighter!
  • The number of days to IMAZ has fallen to double digits- Surreal, and I know it's going to be here before I know it.
  • Kids went back to school this week which means some very lovely time to train and a regular routine is back in order.  I like order and routine.  They are my friends.
  • I went on a thousand mile road trip and was still able to get all my training in, as well as some very fun cousin time!
  • Speaking of family, I am all the more inspired to be grateful for a healthy body.  With some beloved family members having health issues, I cannot help but to want to do this Ironman thing on their behalf.
  • I am trying to soak up every moment of training and the Ironman experience as I go, because I know it will be over before I know it, with no hope of being able to repeat it for a long, long time.  Much thanks to the husband for having house & family without me on Saturday mornings for almost eight months now!
  • Last night my friend offered to let me use one of their tri bikes for the Ironman.  I am going on Tuesday to see which one will fit better.  I am so very grateful for the generosity!

No comments:

Post a Comment