Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Week in Review 5/6 - 5/12

A week more full of running than any other week before (5 times this week! Usually I keep it at 3 times), but probably not what you think.  Not high in miles or intensity, but kept the legs busy for sure!

Sunday- Recovery run from yesterday's long bike ride.  Three short, slow miles before we head to the beach for the day!

Monday-
  •  Fun Ironbird Interval: 4 x 1000m; Besides totally losing count of how many we had done, it was a great run!  We kept our pace between 6:20-6:30 mile pace on tired legs, so we were happy!
  • Swim: Ok, so I think the coach of the group I go to has read my blog, because he actually payed attention to me tonight.  Maybe it had to do with only a few other people showing up (there are usually about 20!).  After completing the first round of given intervals to swim, he showed up at my lane with a weird-looking contraption.  It was a pole with two waist floats wrapped around the middle of it.  He said he wanted me to stroke while holding the pole out in front of me; I keep crossing my arms to the center when I stroke, instead of keeping them shoulder-distance apart.  So I didn't get any good distance or speed training in...if I don't have an efficient stroke, it doesn't matter!  Thank you, Coach Rich.  I really do appreciate it!
Tuesday
  • Short 13 mile ride because I had things to do...namely take my bike to the shop while my kids were still in school.  I took my two youngest with me the week before when I had the mechanic look my bike over.  They make me so nervous in a store filled with very expensive equipment!  So I just dropped off Silver to the shop owner's capable hands and came home. 
  • Since I didn't get much from swimming the night before or the ride earlier in the day, I decided to accompany the one athlete who showed up for the track workout.  We did 4 x 800m, doing negative splits; then 2 x 400m at 6 minute mile pace.  He did great!  I couldn't keep up with him by the end!
Wednesday-
  • Ran 6 miles with Jodi at a smooth, steady pace.  She's getting better and better, I'm so proud of her!
  • I got to pick up my bike, and also had them adjust my shoe cleats to prevent my feet from cramping.  The bike looked so nice and shiny everywhere!  A new chain, brake pads, rear derailer, fixed front derailer, tune-up and tires rotated and I'm ready to go on a safer Silver!
Thursday-
  • I just HAD to try out my improved bike with a little ride today! :)  I rode the 20 miles to my friend Sarah's house for our weekly check-in.  Everything on the bike worked so nice and smoothly.  The only problem is that Sarah and I are super chatty and I had to try to be speedy on the ride back to be on time to pick up my preschooler.  With a couple of minutes to spare, I made it!
  • Open water swim at Lake Millerton with the Team.  The head coach had us do several starting simulations, followed by a nice, long swim.  As I was putting on my wetsuit, s-p-l-i-t it went at the knee on a seam.  I was told that I could get it repaired at a swim shop in town.  I sure hope so; man this thing is getting expensive!
Friday- Crazy busy day taking care of family responsibilities (a.k.a. my full-time job!); no training.  Drove the girls and I to Chico so I could be with my mom for Mother's Day.  What a treat!

Saturday- Run: Eight miles of beautiful Chico.  Such a great way to start the day!

I am so excited about the Classic Challenge coming up in just a couple of weeks on May 19th and 20th!  I will be ready! :)

Totals for the week:
Swim: ? Probably only a total of about 2000m between both the pool & lake
Bike: 33.64 miles
Run: 20 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment