Thursday, October 11, 2012

I'm working...the computer is not

I apologize for the lack of updates. Our family computer is "sick" and I am sneaking onto my husband's iPad for a minute just to let you know training is going well.

Physical therapy was so very...um, therapeutic! It appears my entire left side is tighter than my right and my poor calf took the brunt of it. I would get worked and twisted, bent and pulled, encouraged and motivated.

I have been able to run 11 whole miles all at once. On Sunday I will be doing the Nike women's half marathon.  A month ago I wasn't sure I was even going to be able to do the Ironman. At this point, my mindset is this: Swim is going great and shouldn't be a problem.  Cycling is good and is going to happen. The run will be a bit of a wild card. I don't know what's going to happen, but I am going to gut it out.

It's going to happen. It's ALL going to happen!

Pat and I have connected with Steve, another local who will be at IMAZ. We've been able to get some training in together and gotten to know each other better. Steve is a flash on the bike, and I almost feel sorry for him having to wait for us. He's a great sport and insists that misery likes company.

I'm sorry I can't share the pictures from our homemade half ironman practice (they are on the other computer). It was a scorching hot day and it took a toll on us. Steve put the course together and had support for us in the water. My dad and Konnor provided SAG for the ride and run. It was a great test of our fitness. We're hoping to do a 3/4 ironman next weekend which has me freaked out a little.

There you go. A little update of the goings-on in the world of me. I am so excited, the Ironman is getting so close we are beginning to forge travel plans. This is really going to happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment